Skip to main content

Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia

  Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia Hi Friends, Welcome to my blogger "168 168 Never Quit". This is my new video. if you like this video so please comment, share, subscribe. Thank you very much Rorn Entertainment Channel Mix Plants Along The Street

iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4 and more - Updates Apple

Hi everyone,

We  move away from 2020 and that comes to a close  and move into 2021 ios 14.3 is our latest version  of ios and so I want to talk about ios 14.3 ios  14.4 and beyond and see what apple actually  needs to fix what issues you’re still having  and I thought I’d just talk about it a little  bit as were coming to the close of the year  and so the first thing is ios 14.3 is great  for some people and not for others and I think  this is a big problem across the ecosystem as it  really depends on what you’re using of course many  apps can impact the way your phone works overall  but the consistency from ios over the years has  sort of gone down as far as its overall stability  at least in many peoples view however ios 14 I would say is more stable than ios 13 was at this  exact same point in time so I have ios 14.3 on  this iphone 11 and many people are seemingly  having a good experience but there’s people  having bad experiences too everything from lag as  we go through screens sometimes.

You go open an app  close it will stutter as it closes and were  seeing that across ios 14.3 and 14.4 and so that  seems to be a big issue for people weird lagging  on processors that are more than fast enough to  handle the overall experience much faster than  we’ve had since 2007 with the first iphone so  were way beyond that and those stutters really  should not be an issue today and I’m surprised  that they are that seemingly something that apple  is incredibly good at is the user interface and I  hope they update and fix these lag issues as it’s  really not something you should be experiencing  with a public release on a newer device it’s  sort of acceptable when you’re running it on  a beta because it’s a beta and they’re testing  different things and trying different software  and that’s where you would report it in feedback  but really for the most part it shouldn’t be an  issue the other thing too I’m seeing a lot of  is very inconsistent battery across devices.

iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4 and more - Updates Apple
For example many people are reporting amazing  battery or better battery on ios 14.3 and about 50  or maybe 45 are reporting poor battery life that’s  pretty bad compared to what we’ve had in the past  iPhone’s in general do get very good battery life  and they seem to be very efficient but it really  depends on the app you’re using but the experience  is very different depending on the device and this  is something that I think apple really needs to  fix and the reason. 

I say this is I have my iphone  12 pro max here which has good battery life and  if we look at the battery life this is on the beta  but either way when it was on 14.3 I had basically  the same battery health is basically the same and  you’ll see it was at 100 on a new device which  makes sense but here’s over my 10 day past 10 days  yesterday I only had two hours of screen on time  and I used about I’d say 40 percent of the battery  but I had four hours and eight minutes of screen  off time if we look at the day before I only got  4 hours and 40 minutes however sometimes. 

I’ve  gotten much better battery life 8 to 10 hours  it just depends on the day and it seems to be  very inconsistent even using it the same way  and so that’s something I’m not seeing great  battery life with its seemingly gone down  with the beta as it was a little bit better  before and the experience is very different  from the device to device like I said so on  the ipad pro I’ve had horrible battery life  you’ll see am at 29 percent right now and if we  take a look at when I charge this we go to battery  you’ll see it was last charged on Monday at 2 18  am now I did this on purpose to show you because  what I did is I completely wiped this device or  actually upgraded the device using finder on a mac  so it didn’t fully wipe it but I basically  reinstalled the ios version right over.
  
The top of it to see what it would do and so since  Monday you’ll see here’s my activity so 52 minutes  or here’s Monday 1 hour and 27 minutes another  hour so 2 hours and 27 minutes or 28 minutes  and then 36 minutes I’m getting about three hours  of screen on time on my ipad pro this doesn’t make  any sense for something with a battery this big  you’ll see telegram notifications were part of  it YouTube was 58 of it one day and prior to  these updates. 

I was getting amazing battery life  some people are having great battery life  some are not and apple has said in order  to fix this completely wipe the phone and then  restore from a backup I haven’t done that yet  but it’s getting to the point where I think I  need to try that but the problem with that is  not everyone has a computer to actually wipe it  with so you’ll actually need windows or a mac  with finder or iTunes to actually do that and  it’s just becoming a problem over time and even  though I’m switching updates a lot I’m seeing this  enough from people that I think. 

It’s a big problem  so there’s that is a weird issue that I hope  apple addresses and the same thing is true on  different devices so it really doesn’t matter what  your battery health is even though your battery  may not be in top shape this ones at 100 on my  iphone 11. it’s still a big enough concern that  it seems to be a problem for a lot of people and I  would like to see apple finally fix this with ios  14.4 14.5 and beyond I’d love to see them focus on quality and get this taken care of and also if  you’re using exposure notifications for example I had someone message me about this if you’re using  exposure notifications and you have it available  in your area I don’t have it available where I am  but you can install apps to try it out this can  use a significant amount of battery because it’s  using your location so that’s just sort of the  price of using that so if that’s affecting battery.
  
iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4 and more - Updates Apple
That’s something different than if maybe it’s an  app affecting battery so just keep that in mind  but when it comes to other weird bugs people  are still having issues with notifications some  people get them some people don’t and this is a continued problem I get complaints a lot that instagram notifications aren’t coming through they work fine for me but other notifications sometimes  such as text messages aren’t coming in through for  other people which are very important so there’s  some very weird problems going on and it seems  to be intermittent and I think apple really this  year whether it be with ios 15 or hopefully 14.4  they focus on quality and get this taken care of  because notifications as well as battery  life are probably the number one priority  for people when it comes to text messaging and  then battery life of course so I see that a lot  and then also there’s a headphone volume  issue that I hear about almost every day  someone messages me about and this  is kind of an odd problem because  its location dependent as well. 

So what I mean  by that is if you go into your settings and then  sound in haptic and then go to headphone safety  some people have these options to turn that off  or they don’t so if you don’t have the option some  countries don’t support it but some people in the  united states are seeing this as well depending on  where they’re at and so the option to reduce the  sounds is great you can reduce them to  whatever decibel level or decimal level  you want and it tells you how loud it is as  loud as city traffic for example with 85 decibels  and so the reason I bring this up is because some  people don’t even have the option to turn this off  then they connect their phone via Bluetooth to  their car and they’re playing music and all of  a sudden the volume turns down and they can’t  hear anything and this is a big problem for  people with phones whether you be on a phone call  and it does that or you’re in music. 

And it does  that or a podcast these are things that are sort  of can be critical or might not be depending on  what you’re doing but it’s something that  apple really needs to fix and make more  consistent or make people aware that you can  change this or fix this so it’s something I’d like  to see updated and if it’s something you’re having  and you’re on a beta definitely submit feedback so  that they can fix this now as far as ios 14.4 well  were seeing minor features and things beyond that  and I hope that they continue to update features  but I wouldn’t expect anything major until ios 15 at this point however with the overall experience  I would love to see apple really nail down this  experience and get it right apple has been  known for years for reliability and consistency  and there’s weird things like huge gaps here  at the bottom and there’s sometimes times when  android does a better job of handling larger  screens than ios widgets were a big step forward.

iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4 and more - Updates Apple
But I would love to see reliability consistency  and battery life be something that’s at the top  of the list for this year in 2021 or 2021 going  forward I would love to see them change that and  I hope to see something like that I still think  it’s better than ios 13 at this point in time  but it still needs a little bit of work apple had  said in the past they’re going to focus on quality  and better quality control and I’m hoping to see  this now as far as the amount of versions of ios  14 that we get this year well with ios 13 we had 13.7 which basically fixed all the issues with ios  13 brought good battery life and then we started  over again and so I would like to see this here  maybe not start over again but improve on what we  have and have consistency and quality be the main  focus and I think everyone would appreciate that  then you can bring new features such as changes  to widgets or live widgets and all of the new  features people want I think would be much more  welcome than what we’re having. 

Now and so I’d love  to hear from you in the comments below what do you  think apple needs to focus on this year with ios  14 and beyond I think 14 is a great step forward  with customization it has a lot of great features  music might need a redo a little bit some people  I hear from that a lot and quite a few of you in  the comments have said a lot with ios 14.3 because  it needs some work and there’s 45 000 votes  on the community poll that I did some time ago  and over 1 000 comments and if you look at  some of these you’ll see a lot of people  say I can say battery life is slightly  worse than ios 14.2 and accept that  everything works fine but you’ll scroll down  through all of these comments and there’s  very inconsistent experiences across the board and  I wish apple would tell us more what we need to do  to fix that problem as far as battery life if it’s  something that’s being affected and how to better  handle that so lots of bugs and if they’re apps  the app developer needs to fix it but if its ios.
 
Give us better control of not only battery  but better battery health as well so a lot  of people get freaked out about battery health  I’ve said I want this to change from a percentage  to more of a stop light system green for good  yellow for its getting worse red it’s time  to change the battery so all of these things  I’d like to see changed in the future Id’ like  to see more consistency and I’d love to hear  what you think about it in the comments below  if you’d like to get your hands on this wallpaper.

iOS 14.3.1 and iOS 14.4 Beta 2




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Keyboard Evolution 1983-2015

I don’t have a Lisa Keyboard, and they’re quite rare and expensive. But here’s what it looked like, it was quite large and clunky. Although not really any wider than a modern Apple keyboard . So, this is the original Macintosh keyboard. It’s kind of tall, and notice that it has no arrow keys, no function keys and no number pad. Apparently, Steve Jobs believed that everybody would use the mouse for everything, except typing. It uses an RJ-11 type connector, similar to a phone cord. The mouse actually had its own separate connector, and did not connect to the keyboard at all. This is about as basic as it gets. I can plug my telephone into it, for some reason. So, one thing I noticed about this is that there are no indicators on where to put your fingers. I’ve never heard a keyboard echo before. It’s not real springy or anything. It does have… …metallic kind of noise to it. But, DAVID: This is the Apple Desktop Bus keyboard. As the name suggests, this was the first keyboard to use the new

The AdLib Gold Experience

Greetings folks, and today on LGR I am proud to present the fabled AdLib Gold 1000 Stereo Sound Adapter. An IBM PC-compatible sound card which, after multiple delays, launched at a suggested price of $299 in the US sometime in late 1992. More or less, its release is a bit complicated but we’ll get to that. For now lemme just go ahead and say how much I’m freak in’ out with excitement recording this footage. Cuz dude, seeing an AdLib Gold in person, still in the box, unused? Among retro PC enthusiasts, that’s like finding a golden unicorn that craps diamonds, it’s just not a thing. Yet here it is, looking’ spiffy! And it’s all thanks to Trixter, aka Jim Leonard of The Old-school PC, Check out his YouTube channel if you’re into this kind of thing too, the man’s a fountain of knowledge and some of the items in his collection are literally one of a kind. Not the least of which being this pristine AdLib Gold 1000, a card that I’ve been wondering about ever since I was eight years old lookin

IBM 8516 Touchscreen CRT Monitor

Greetings and welcome to LGR Oddware where were taking a look at hardware and software that is odd, forgotten, and obsolete! And today it is the IBM 8516 CRT touchscreen from the beginning of the 1990s. And yeah you can touch and draw and do all kinds of things that you would normally do with a mouse or light pen or whatever else -- just with your fingers! And so let’s see what this thing is and what it can do. All right so this is the IBM PS/2 Model 8516 13-inch CRT touchscreen monitor first introduced in June of 1991 for a suggested retail price of $1695 US dollars, holy crap. That would be almost $3,100 at the time of this recording, not a cheap price for a 13-inch VGA monitor back then.  It was built by IBM to be compatible with PCs running DOS, Windows 3 -- and IBM OS/2 of course, because they were still pushing it rather hard when this came out. And as advanced and awesome as it was for its time it was not the first of its kind as far as touchscreen CRTs, not by a long shot.  For

The Advantech I.Q. Unlimited with BASIC and a Z80 CPU.

Hello, and welcome back to the 8-Bit Guy. In this episode, I want to show you this bizarre little computer known as the IQ Unlimited by Advantech. Now, you might be wondering “What is this company Advantech?” Well, if you turn the computer over you’ll see it was actually produced by Video Technology Electronics, otherwise known as V-Tech.” Yes, that’s the same V-Tech that has produced tons of cordless telephones, kids learning computers, baby monitors, and a variety of other things. They are also the ones that built the Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone, along with the matching Laser XT which was a PC clone. They also produced the laser line of portable computers, and even a series of proprietary desktop computers that carried the laser brand name. So, needless to say V-Tech is no stranger to making computers. But, I think this may be the strangest one they ever made. The front of the box claims it to be complete, powerful, simple, and affordable. They are also those that built th

Words of Krom Ngoy

Words of Kram Ngoy This Brahma song is translated to tell Khmer men and women To be mindful should be diligent. Do not be lazy, do not be too stupid, try to learn numbers, learn the alphabet Learn all the virtues, supernatural wisdom combined with ideas. Born to see through, even from afar           Really good at thinking about everything. Fools do not wake up like blind people on both sides           There is no image of a cheap sinner born ignorant. The human race, though high and low, descended from the Pao clan.           Evil, good, black and white, cut off descendants like ancestors. Ignorant people are not venerated as a religion           The monks know the Dharma, the students study hard. The ignorant breed is not very wise, the crooked breed is not very gentle           Straight seed until the true seed does not disappear. Innocent parents do not want their children to be ignorant           Cursing for the children to know. Ignorant father sees his son never angry          

The best gaming laptop for MS-DOS games

The other day, I used to be reading this old Computes Gazette magazine from 1983. and that I saw this card you'll send off for more information. happen if I filled it out and sent it off? Well, stick around till the top and I'll show you the result. Most of the time, stepping into Retro Gaming are often quite challenge. Even the old Atari 2600 her, for instance, it are often very challenging to seek out a contemporary TV or monitor that you simply. On the brilliant side, the games are pretty easy to affect. All you've got to try to to is locate them online, or thrift shop, or whatever and you purchase the sport, and you recognize, But, things get even harder once you start watching old computers. For instance, the Commodore 64 uses a disk format that's essentially foreign today.  It's no means to attach to the web, and albeit you've got a pile of blank disks, getting the games copied over to them from the web could be a nightmare. Now, if you fast forward just a

Strangest Computer Designs of the '80s

OMG Mr. LGR!!! You made my day showing the Seiko computer watch series. I collect these things and Have almost  the entire lineup up including the weird UC-2200. The only one I'm missing is the "wrist mac" which was essentially a Seiko RC4400 but marketed and sold for Apple. It could be considered the first apple watch! That design for the Elwro-800 actually seems pretty good and I wish I had it for the C64 back in the day. That wire holder could have been used for holding a computer magazine with a user made program which they always had in the magazines back in the day. Even now it would be good for data input from a written copy, or even writers who like to get their pre-writing done on paper. They were the machines we were taught Turing language on -- and compiling even a tiny Turing program on them was unbelievably slow.  I really liked the GUI on them though, but we never really used the GUI much; all the programming we did was in a text file run through a compiler

Will Kill Your Computer

Hey guys, this is Austin, and this is the USB Killer. Now, it might not look like much, however this will straight up kill your computer. So, this is a device that’s used to test hardware, so while it looks like an ordinary USB device, instead, there’s a series of capacitors inside. So, if you plug it into a computer, it will charge those capacitors up, and once they’re full it turns around and releases all of that power at 240 volts straight back into the computer, in theory killing it. It doesn’t take much to be able to pop this thing open. Now, before we proceed: Do not try this at home. Seriously. Not only is it very possible for this thing to kill electronics, but it’s also. And by being careful, I mean don’t try this at home. We have an Asus Chrome book.  Now, USB Killer claims that this is going to work on around 95 percent of computers, and the reason for that is that while some computers have properly capped USB ports, most have completely unprotected ports, which means that i

Lost Colony of Roanoke

 The broken anchor is pretty sketch. Sounds like the colony might have been wiped out and Smith not wanting to return to England and say "my bad they all died" was able to save face by saying "We have proof they are safe and moved location.  Near the end of the 16th century, a man by the name of John White embarked on a transatlantic voyage. His destination was the island of Roanoke along the southeastern coast of North America. On this island, White had established an English colony some three years before and he was now returning to resume his position as Governor. After a long and difficult journey, White finally reached the site of the colony only to find the more than one hundred men, women, and children had left behind had disappeared. Before White had a chance to conduct a more extensive search, the ship returned to England and in its wake, it left a mystery.  Raleigh was soon thereafter knighted by Queen Elizabeth I and the new land was to be named Virginia in ho

BootSkin XP - A Boot Screen Customization Tool for Windows XP

 Hello everybody and welcome back . We’re going to be taking a look at a pretty cool little piece of software for Windows XP, and there’s also a version for Windows Vista, called BootSkin. And this is a little bit of an older program. This was released, I want to say, somewhere in the mid-2000s. This is actually a piece of software that I used on a couple of my Windows XP , and even some my Windows Vista machines like over 10 years ago. It’s been a while since I’ve used this piece of software. But what this software allows you to do is, as you can probably tell by the name, it allows you to skin and customize your Windows boot screen, add a little bit more personality to your system and make your boot screen look more unique so, you know it’s gonna be much different than everybody else’s which just says Windows XP when it boots up. And this is made by a company called StarDock and I’ve used a couple of different StarDock programs before there’s another one of my favorite programs from