Skip to main content

Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia

  Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia Hi Friends, Welcome to my blogger "168 168 Never Quit". This is my new video. if you like this video so please comment, share, subscribe. Thank you very much Rorn Entertainment Channel Mix Plants Along The Street

Nexus 6P 5 Years Later - Daily Driver for 5 years and still is!

This is the nexus 6p and I’ve been using this  phone for five years it’s my daily driver I  haven’t switched over to another phone that’s  right guys I’ve been using the nexus 6p for five years and for a tech enthusiast that’s a heck  of a long time I’m here to let you know about  the good stuff and the bad stuff of the nexus 6p  and why I’m still using it five years later if  you’re still rocking a nexus 6b just like me smash  that like button and or if you’re here out of pure nostalgia and you really love the nexus 6p smash  that like button and leave some comments below  I thought it’d be cool to show you guys how beat  up my screen protector was I haven’t changed my  screen protector for the five years that I’ve  had it now and I haven’t changed my case either.

I’m using a spigen case the speaking case did  a really great job with protecting my phone  from all the drops that it’s taken for the past  five years and trust me guys I’ve dropped it  quite a few times and from some high places to so  thanks vegan for really protecting my phone also  the screen protector did an amazing job it’s  got tons of scratches on it but when I remove  the screen protector as you guys are going to see  in a second there’s not one scratch on my phone so her I am removing my screen protector after  five years it totally was not what I was expecting  I was expecting my phone to be clear once I took  off the plastic screen protector and it looked  pretty rough cleaning out the residue from the  screen protector took a little bit of elbow grease.   

Nexus 6P 5 Years Later - Daily Driver for 5 years and still is!

But it was nice and shiny in the end without  any scratch marks on my actual screen the screen  protector did a really good job let’s talk about  the specs the display has a 5.7 inch screen with  a 2560 by 1440 amoled display featuring gorilla  glass 4 and it has a screen to body ratio of 71.4  processor has a QUALCOMM snapdragon 810 and the  gpu is the andrino 430. the ram is three gigabytes  and the storage starts off at 32 gigabytes all  the way to 128 gigabytes the rear camera is 12.3  megapixels and it has an aperture of 2.0 and the  rear camera shoots 4k video and also has 240 fps  slow motion the front camera has 8 megapixels  and the aperture is 2.4 and finally the battery  which featured a 3450 mah which was one of the  bigger batteries for its time the last android  update that the nexus 6p received was the android  oreo 8.1 and that’s the OS that I’m running today.  

The 5.7 inch amoled display on the nexus 6p  is actually a really great display it has a 2k  resolution and its crisp its clear there’s only  two small issues that I really have with the nexus  6p display in direct sunlight I think the display  doesn’t go bright enough and the second thing is I  think the nexus 6p really shows its age with this  screen to body ratio although I actually really  like it I don’t think it looks terrible but you  can see that it shows its age over here because  with the newer phones like let’s just say the  pixel 4 you have a higher screen to body ratio so  the crazy part is that the nexus 6p still performs  really well in everyday use today. 

So here’s what  everyday usage looks like to me I make phone calls  I send messages I make video calls I play some  games I watch Netflix I browse the web and I take  lots of pictures and videos now overall things are  pretty snappy I don’t really have issues while  switching from one app to another obviously  the newer phones are gonna be a lot quicker and  snappier than the nexus 6p I’m definitely missing  out on the os updates but it’s not enough for me  to make the switch over to a newer phone the only  time I see performance issues is when I have quite  a few apps open and running them at the same time.

Nexus 6P 5 Years Later - Daily Driver for 5 years and still is!

That’s when I start to feel the stuttering and  the lag my phone is having a hard time processing  everything so it’s a very rare case that I ever  feel any kind of performance issues with the phone  overall I’m really amazed at the experience that  I’m getting five years later I think the processor  still really holds up well I don’t play a lot  of games on my mobile but the ones that I do run  fine and stutter free the games that I’m playing  right now are sky force asphalt 9 and mario kart  the nexus 6b has two front-facing speakers which  actually sound really great the phone also has  a usb c which I think really future-proofed this  phone the fingerprint scanner is one of the best.
  
That I’ve used and of course it has a headphone  jack which I absolutely love but man have times  changed I took a few shots with the nexus 6p just  to show you guys what the pictures are like coming  out of the rear camera I also took some shots  to compare a regular picture and hdr picture  but overall the camera is really snappy still  here are some shots I took with the nexus 6p rear  camera I think it still takes amazing pictures  even though this phone is 5 years old before we  jump into more pictures with the nexus 6p rear  camera i just want to show you a couple pictures  I took with the front facing camera and to be  honest i never really had any great luck with  getting good shots out of the front facing camera  and this has been for the past five years. 

I think  the front facing camera just really lacked big  time so if you’re really into selfies this camera  won’t do it for you now let’s get back into the  rear camera which I think the shots are amazing  I should mention that none of these  pictures have been edited in any way  except for the videos you’re about to see  I added some post-production stabilization  and all these images and videos that are coming up  have all been taken with the nexus 6p camera app which is the stock app that comes with the phone  what do you guys think about the picture so far  leave some comments below. 

Nexus 6P 5 Years Later - Daily Driver for 5 years and still is!

So here’s where  the rear camera really doesn’t do a good job  it’s with any low light or nighttime shots I found  that the images or videos actually come out really  grainy I find that the camera needs a lot of light  in general so as long as you have a lot of light  your pictures are gonna turn out great but I know  that technology has changed quite a bit in the  past five years and the low light shots that you  get with today’s cameras are really amazing so  this is definitely something I’m missing out on  and really wish that this camera could take better  nighttime shots but again it’s a five-year-old  camera and a lot has changed since then  here’s some 4k footage that I took with the camera  and to be honest I think it really looks amazing. 

I think the camera really struggles with video  stabilization compared to the other cameras that  we have out today it really doesn’t do a good job  and there’s no match for any of the phones that’s  out today I really like the pictures and the  videos that it takes of course I know that there  are better cameras out there and that’s actually  something that makes me want to make the leap into  the next phone but overall I think that this  camera is still pretty amazing smash that like  button if you guys are really loving the videos  and the pictures that I’ve taken with the nexus 6p  by the way did I mention that this whole  video start to finish was shot with a nexus 6p  actually borrowed my friends nexus 6p that was  just laying around so if you have this phone just  laying around in a drawer. 

Somewhere there may be  some use for it yet not bad for a five year phone  right what do you guys think leave some comments  below the biggest problem that I’m having with  the nexus 6p is that the battery does not last  I mean it is a five-year-old phone I get about  one hour of screen time and five hours of standby  time but really that’s not ideal for everyday use  seeing that shutdown screen time and time  again gets really frustrating I plan on buying  a new battery for the nexus 6p off amazon it’s  about $20 I’m not really having any real issues  with performance I think I can actually extend  the life of this phone a little bit more and I  plan on finishing off the year with this phone  I plan on picking up something new next year so.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Keyboard Evolution 1983-2015

I don’t have a Lisa Keyboard, and they’re quite rare and expensive. But here’s what it looked like, it was quite large and clunky. Although not really any wider than a modern Apple keyboard . So, this is the original Macintosh keyboard. It’s kind of tall, and notice that it has no arrow keys, no function keys and no number pad. Apparently, Steve Jobs believed that everybody would use the mouse for everything, except typing. It uses an RJ-11 type connector, similar to a phone cord. The mouse actually had its own separate connector, and did not connect to the keyboard at all. This is about as basic as it gets. I can plug my telephone into it, for some reason. So, one thing I noticed about this is that there are no indicators on where to put your fingers. I’ve never heard a keyboard echo before. It’s not real springy or anything. It does have… …metallic kind of noise to it. But, DAVID: This is the Apple Desktop Bus keyboard. As the name suggests, this was the first keyboard to use the new

The AdLib Gold Experience

Greetings folks, and today on LGR I am proud to present the fabled AdLib Gold 1000 Stereo Sound Adapter. An IBM PC-compatible sound card which, after multiple delays, launched at a suggested price of $299 in the US sometime in late 1992. More or less, its release is a bit complicated but we’ll get to that. For now lemme just go ahead and say how much I’m freak in’ out with excitement recording this footage. Cuz dude, seeing an AdLib Gold in person, still in the box, unused? Among retro PC enthusiasts, that’s like finding a golden unicorn that craps diamonds, it’s just not a thing. Yet here it is, looking’ spiffy! And it’s all thanks to Trixter, aka Jim Leonard of The Old-school PC, Check out his YouTube channel if you’re into this kind of thing too, the man’s a fountain of knowledge and some of the items in his collection are literally one of a kind. Not the least of which being this pristine AdLib Gold 1000, a card that I’ve been wondering about ever since I was eight years old lookin

IBM 8516 Touchscreen CRT Monitor

Greetings and welcome to LGR Oddware where were taking a look at hardware and software that is odd, forgotten, and obsolete! And today it is the IBM 8516 CRT touchscreen from the beginning of the 1990s. And yeah you can touch and draw and do all kinds of things that you would normally do with a mouse or light pen or whatever else -- just with your fingers! And so let’s see what this thing is and what it can do. All right so this is the IBM PS/2 Model 8516 13-inch CRT touchscreen monitor first introduced in June of 1991 for a suggested retail price of $1695 US dollars, holy crap. That would be almost $3,100 at the time of this recording, not a cheap price for a 13-inch VGA monitor back then.  It was built by IBM to be compatible with PCs running DOS, Windows 3 -- and IBM OS/2 of course, because they were still pushing it rather hard when this came out. And as advanced and awesome as it was for its time it was not the first of its kind as far as touchscreen CRTs, not by a long shot.  For

The Advantech I.Q. Unlimited with BASIC and a Z80 CPU.

Hello, and welcome back to the 8-Bit Guy. In this episode, I want to show you this bizarre little computer known as the IQ Unlimited by Advantech. Now, you might be wondering “What is this company Advantech?” Well, if you turn the computer over you’ll see it was actually produced by Video Technology Electronics, otherwise known as V-Tech.” Yes, that’s the same V-Tech that has produced tons of cordless telephones, kids learning computers, baby monitors, and a variety of other things. They are also the ones that built the Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone, along with the matching Laser XT which was a PC clone. They also produced the laser line of portable computers, and even a series of proprietary desktop computers that carried the laser brand name. So, needless to say V-Tech is no stranger to making computers. But, I think this may be the strangest one they ever made. The front of the box claims it to be complete, powerful, simple, and affordable. They are also those that built th

Words of Krom Ngoy

Words of Kram Ngoy This Brahma song is translated to tell Khmer men and women To be mindful should be diligent. Do not be lazy, do not be too stupid, try to learn numbers, learn the alphabet Learn all the virtues, supernatural wisdom combined with ideas. Born to see through, even from afar           Really good at thinking about everything. Fools do not wake up like blind people on both sides           There is no image of a cheap sinner born ignorant. The human race, though high and low, descended from the Pao clan.           Evil, good, black and white, cut off descendants like ancestors. Ignorant people are not venerated as a religion           The monks know the Dharma, the students study hard. The ignorant breed is not very wise, the crooked breed is not very gentle           Straight seed until the true seed does not disappear. Innocent parents do not want their children to be ignorant           Cursing for the children to know. Ignorant father sees his son never angry          

The best gaming laptop for MS-DOS games

The other day, I used to be reading this old Computes Gazette magazine from 1983. and that I saw this card you'll send off for more information. happen if I filled it out and sent it off? Well, stick around till the top and I'll show you the result. Most of the time, stepping into Retro Gaming are often quite challenge. Even the old Atari 2600 her, for instance, it are often very challenging to seek out a contemporary TV or monitor that you simply. On the brilliant side, the games are pretty easy to affect. All you've got to try to to is locate them online, or thrift shop, or whatever and you purchase the sport, and you recognize, But, things get even harder once you start watching old computers. For instance, the Commodore 64 uses a disk format that's essentially foreign today.  It's no means to attach to the web, and albeit you've got a pile of blank disks, getting the games copied over to them from the web could be a nightmare. Now, if you fast forward just a

Strangest Computer Designs of the '80s

OMG Mr. LGR!!! You made my day showing the Seiko computer watch series. I collect these things and Have almost  the entire lineup up including the weird UC-2200. The only one I'm missing is the "wrist mac" which was essentially a Seiko RC4400 but marketed and sold for Apple. It could be considered the first apple watch! That design for the Elwro-800 actually seems pretty good and I wish I had it for the C64 back in the day. That wire holder could have been used for holding a computer magazine with a user made program which they always had in the magazines back in the day. Even now it would be good for data input from a written copy, or even writers who like to get their pre-writing done on paper. They were the machines we were taught Turing language on -- and compiling even a tiny Turing program on them was unbelievably slow.  I really liked the GUI on them though, but we never really used the GUI much; all the programming we did was in a text file run through a compiler

Will Kill Your Computer

Hey guys, this is Austin, and this is the USB Killer. Now, it might not look like much, however this will straight up kill your computer. So, this is a device that’s used to test hardware, so while it looks like an ordinary USB device, instead, there’s a series of capacitors inside. So, if you plug it into a computer, it will charge those capacitors up, and once they’re full it turns around and releases all of that power at 240 volts straight back into the computer, in theory killing it. It doesn’t take much to be able to pop this thing open. Now, before we proceed: Do not try this at home. Seriously. Not only is it very possible for this thing to kill electronics, but it’s also. And by being careful, I mean don’t try this at home. We have an Asus Chrome book.  Now, USB Killer claims that this is going to work on around 95 percent of computers, and the reason for that is that while some computers have properly capped USB ports, most have completely unprotected ports, which means that i

Lost Colony of Roanoke

 The broken anchor is pretty sketch. Sounds like the colony might have been wiped out and Smith not wanting to return to England and say "my bad they all died" was able to save face by saying "We have proof they are safe and moved location.  Near the end of the 16th century, a man by the name of John White embarked on a transatlantic voyage. His destination was the island of Roanoke along the southeastern coast of North America. On this island, White had established an English colony some three years before and he was now returning to resume his position as Governor. After a long and difficult journey, White finally reached the site of the colony only to find the more than one hundred men, women, and children had left behind had disappeared. Before White had a chance to conduct a more extensive search, the ship returned to England and in its wake, it left a mystery.  Raleigh was soon thereafter knighted by Queen Elizabeth I and the new land was to be named Virginia in ho

BootSkin XP - A Boot Screen Customization Tool for Windows XP

 Hello everybody and welcome back . We’re going to be taking a look at a pretty cool little piece of software for Windows XP, and there’s also a version for Windows Vista, called BootSkin. And this is a little bit of an older program. This was released, I want to say, somewhere in the mid-2000s. This is actually a piece of software that I used on a couple of my Windows XP , and even some my Windows Vista machines like over 10 years ago. It’s been a while since I’ve used this piece of software. But what this software allows you to do is, as you can probably tell by the name, it allows you to skin and customize your Windows boot screen, add a little bit more personality to your system and make your boot screen look more unique so, you know it’s gonna be much different than everybody else’s which just says Windows XP when it boots up. And this is made by a company called StarDock and I’ve used a couple of different StarDock programs before there’s another one of my favorite programs from