Skip to main content

Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia

  Ferry Bring Peoples From Side To Side On Mekong River Of Cambodia Hi Friends, Welcome to my blogger "168 168 Never Quit". This is my new video. if you like this video so please comment, share, subscribe. Thank you very much Rorn Entertainment Channel Mix Plants Along The Street

iOS 14.5 Beta 1 - More Great New Features, Battery and more

Hi everyone, 

ios 14.5  beta 1 has been out for almost a couple weeks at  this point and have been using it full time now  apple released ios 14.5 beta 1 to developers  then a few days after that released ios 14.5  beta 1 re-released to not only developers  but also to public beta testers and so  I’ve been using that version full time  and I think we can expect ios 14.5 beta 2 very  soon I’ll talk about that a little bit later as  well as a possible public release as well but  before we talk about any of those I wanted to  cover a few more features that are pretty major in  this update that I didn’t cover before that people  have uncovered and I’ve found as well and so the  first one is you can set a default music app now.

Now you can’t see this physically to toggle it  yet but if you go into settings for example and  you were to scroll down to music generally  there would be a toggle to select whatever  music app you would want currently in beta 1  it’s not there but the first time you use siri  using the assistant to activate playing music  for example it will ask you what app you want  to play it in now I’ve already done that on both  of these devices so it won’t pop up that way but  let me show you what it looks like so the first  time you toggle it will pop up and this is a  shot from mac rumors and then also if you ask  it to play music now you can select whatever  music app you want so let me hold the power sleep  wake button you could also activate siri using the  word hey in front of the assistant so let’s go  ahead and try it play awaken alive by skillet and we’ll wait for it and you’ll see its  already playing in spottily now like I said  you can select whatever you want as your default  just by asking so now let’s try an apple music  play awaken alive by skillet in apple music.

And you’ll see now its playing in apple music  and it shows it in the upper left and this goes  for anything you might have whether that be title  or Pandora for example you could do the same so  you’ll have to select it give it access to data  so that it can do that and then you’ll be able  to play in whatever you want so hopefully well  have that toggle in the music app or in the music  settings rather in the future so hopefully we’ll  see that soon now apple maps has been updated as  well to allow for crowd source data similar  to wage for example so if we go into maps  now if you set up directions in apple maps maybe  you want to go to Charleston like I have here  in the bottom right if you’re driving along  your way you now have the option to report.

iOS 14.5 Beta 1 - More Great New Features, Battery and more
You can report an accident a hazard or a speed  check and you can use siri to do this as well so  you now have the option to report you can report  whatever you’d like and then you could clear  it a little bit later and that will give users  anonymous data nearby if there’s something going  on it doesn’t report your data directly so you  can give users a heads up if there’s an accident  hazard or speed chat now with safari apples  doing more to give our privacy priority so if  we go into settings we go down to safari and then  go down to privacy and security you’ll see we have  fraudulent website warning so we have some new  options there as well as them blocking additional  cross-site tracking so we have those features  which we know about with ios 14 for example.
  
But also they’re now directing safe browsing  traffic in safari through apple servers instead  of Google to protect personal user data so apples  going above and beyond here to protect our data  and all of this will be active very soon when ios  14.5 is available to the public so I can’t wait  to have that active and there’s just more and more  that apple keeps doing however with ios 14.5 it’s  been okay for me so far with the overall use of  it so I wanted to talk about my experience with it  since I’ve been using it on the iphone  12 pro max the iphone 11 that I have here  as well as the ipad pro 12.9 from 2020 that’s my  main device when I’m not editing video and so the  overall experience has been pretty good for me it  still has that stutter when you open music or any  other app and swipe out and it’s hard to reproduce  on video for some reason but it does show up where  you swipe out and it sort of stutters away so that  definitely has returned and I can’t get it to go.
  
Away without rebooting then it will show up about  a day later or so that’s something that i still  see but the performance for me has been fine I’ve  had no slowdowns the phone has not been getting  unusually warm for me although some people did  report it in the community poll which well take a  look at in a little bit but the overall use of it  has been pretty good I had additional issues with  Bluetooth with the first version of the beta then  they re-released it and its since been better so  unlocking my car for example it’s been great with  that haven’t had any issues since the re-release  what apple did in that re-release I’m not sure but  they seem to have fixed any Bluetooth issues I was  having however there’s a bunch of issues that are  being reported by you in the community poll still  so the green tin issue I covered this in a video  the other day where it’s still an issue apple did  fix it in august of last year for ios 14 or ios  13.6.1 for iphone 11 series phones 11 pro and 11  pro max and they did fix it so I expect them to  fix it in this update whether it be this one or  a future update I do expect them to be able to fix  it with an update also people are reporting blurry  images when sending through I message if you’re in  low quality mode. 

So it’s more blurry than normal  even if you’re not in low quality mode sometimes  those images are not coming through in the high  quality that we expect also am finding that  things like airdrop can be slow from time to time  so when you’re sending a file a photo or something  to another device sometimes its unusually slow  and well and its stuck there we go there  was an error there you saw a little freeze up  and there are some freeze-ups and lag throughout  the os not only swiping away say an app but going  into settings sometimes it will just sort of lock  up and I’ve talked about that before as well and  some people are having apps crash the PlayStation  app is working now because PlayStation updated it  but some people are having app crashes as well  and other issues so there’s definitely a ways  to go this is the first beta and so I would expect  another beta eventually and also if you’re having  issues make sure you report that in feedback  because that’s very valuable now before we talk  about when to expect the next versions and battery  life let’s take a look at the ipad because like I said I’ve been using this full time so my ipad pro  is one of my favorite devices and I have to say.

iOS 14.5 Beta 1 - More Great New Features, Battery and more
That the experience on this other than one thing  has been really good I haven’t had any of the lag  the slowdowns the stuttering or anything like  that no issues with the keyboard thankfully  and it’s been really solid with the exception of  battery life and I’ve continued to talk about this  and battery life does not seem to improve much  on these versions for me and so as you can see  it was last charged to 100 percent yesterday at  9 18 a.m. and in that amount of time if we look at  yesterday I used it two hours and 46 minutes and  had two hours and 14 minutes of screen off time  and with those times so three to four  hours of usage I’m down to 34 percent  battery now this screen has been on for the  video and that will affect it a little bit  but getting less than half of the expected battery  life is no good and I would expect them to improve  this of course with future updates but so far  on the ipad battery hasn’t been great however on the iphone its actually been okay for me so I  know it’s not great for everyone and it is a beta.

So there is that but if we go into settings and  go down to battery my battery health is still at  100 on this phone my iphone 12 pro max and if we  look at the last 10 days say yesterday for example  I had four hours and one minutes of screen  on time 43 minutes of screen off time  and used just under 50 percent of my battery so  let’s say 45 48 so that would give me eight to  ten hours of screen on time and screen off time  combined and then if we look at the day before  again three and a half hours or three hours and  28 minutes of screen on time three hours and one  minutes of screen off time playing music usually  and I used about 35 to 40 percent of the battery  so in general eight to ten hours is what  I’m seeing on an early beta that’s actually  a good sign as you can see the day before that  I only used four or four hours of battery life  and or screen on time rather and got eighty  percent of my battery used up at that.
 
So it’s doing much better than it did the previous  days it sort of improved the last few days for me  and it seems to be okay what it is specifically  that improved I’m not sure but I just keep my apps  updated and that’s all I’ve changed now as far  as ios 14.5 beta 2 like I said I think were on a  two week cycle and based on that I would expect it  well as soon as Monday which is an unusual day so  usually Tuesday to Thursday but apple has not  specified a day but were on a two-week cycle and  if they release it well two weeks from the other  one expected on Thursday but generally it’s at the  beginning of the week apple has not stated when  it will be though but one thing I’m waiting for  is a public release ios 14.4.1 or whatever they  call it ios 14.4.5 and the reason I say that is  apple stopped signing ios 14.3 a week or so ago  generally after they stopped signing a previous  version of 14.3 leaving only one public version  available well have a public release within two  weeks based on what they’ve done in the past so  this coming week I would expect a public release.
  
And a beta unless they decide to do the crazy  thing they did a couple weeks back and release ios  14.5 to the public which I would not expect since  it has quite a few bugs so hopefully we’ll see a  public release and a beta release this week and if  we do of course I’ll keep you updated on YouTube  and other places as well now as far as the  YouTube community poll well since the previous  poll there has been a ton of votes and more  than I would have ever expected 40 000 plus  votes and over 340 comments with 17 percent of  you saying that ios 14.5 beta 1 is great three  percent saying it’s terrible seven percent still  having bugs with it which I think many people are  62 percent of you not updating yet and 11 using  android this number was 10 it increased a little  bit and like I said in the previous video  if you have any ideas of what we think we  could kind of refine these into that would be  more helpful let me know in the comments below.
  
iOS 14.5 Beta 1 - More Great New Features, Battery and more
So I think this update is good for a first beta  but not great but let’s go ahead and take a look  at a few of the comments now I sorted these by  newest first since I read some of the older ones  before so let’s go ahead and take a look at these  jasmine Matthews says I can no longer use my two  Bluetooth keyboards this is a very huge issue for  me I use them 98 of the time I’m using iphone 8.  if you’re talking about the beta then you may  want to downgrade to ios 14.4 but if you’re on  ios 14.4 unfortunately you’ll have to wait for  a public release in order for that to be fixed  so hopefully its debate and you can just simply  downgrade Josie Romero your tech curator says I’m  using the iphone 12 pro max and I’ve had so many  weird glitches occurring since I updated to 14.5  beta 1 including my phone completely freezing and  I could not hard reset or anything finally had to  plug it into iTunes and once it finally restarted  it logged me out of every single app on my phone.
  
Tyler Charlton said 14.5 has been by far the best  bet for me on my iphone 10r great battery little  to no bugs notifications working well and few new  features to boot and a few new features to boot  great for me so far iphone 12 pro only issue  is no magnate animation and that still hasn’t  returned so that’s definitely a bug alfredo Anita  says iphone 10s here it’s been great on version  one the watch unlocked my iphone twice without  me wearing a mask or even looking at the phone  I reported the issue and apple replied sending  me a link to download a certificate to the watch  in case the issue comes back using the new beta  version 2 has been better in this regard  so far the watch has only unlocked the iphone  when I’m wearing a mask and I’m looking at the  phone Austin says ios 14.5 is awesome on my iphone  12 pro max the only issue I have with stutter when  I swipe out of an app but restarting fixes the  issue for a while other than that the update  is great Edward veils says for the first time  ever since I own an iphone I’m having a lot of  Bluetooth and data connection problems weirdest  thing ever iphone 12 pro see Brandon’s lawn and  landscape said the battery is incredible on my  11 pro max and 12.9 inch ipad I would love to see.
  
when they put more widgets in it i think  is what he’s saying and then finally using  14.5 on my se 2020 and its been doing great  and so this particular update like I said is  a little old at this point and I can’t wait  to see what we have with beta 2 for example  as well as maybe a public release to fix some  major issues but let me know what you like best  about ios 14.5 what you would like to see fixed  first I’d love to hear from you in the comments  below and again make sure you’re reporting  feedback if you’re a beta tester or developer  if you’d like to get your hands on this wallpaper.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Keyboard Evolution 1983-2015

I don’t have a Lisa Keyboard, and they’re quite rare and expensive. But here’s what it looked like, it was quite large and clunky. Although not really any wider than a modern Apple keyboard . So, this is the original Macintosh keyboard. It’s kind of tall, and notice that it has no arrow keys, no function keys and no number pad. Apparently, Steve Jobs believed that everybody would use the mouse for everything, except typing. It uses an RJ-11 type connector, similar to a phone cord. The mouse actually had its own separate connector, and did not connect to the keyboard at all. This is about as basic as it gets. I can plug my telephone into it, for some reason. So, one thing I noticed about this is that there are no indicators on where to put your fingers. I’ve never heard a keyboard echo before. It’s not real springy or anything. It does have… …metallic kind of noise to it. But, DAVID: This is the Apple Desktop Bus keyboard. As the name suggests, this was the first keyboard to use the new

The AdLib Gold Experience

Greetings folks, and today on LGR I am proud to present the fabled AdLib Gold 1000 Stereo Sound Adapter. An IBM PC-compatible sound card which, after multiple delays, launched at a suggested price of $299 in the US sometime in late 1992. More or less, its release is a bit complicated but we’ll get to that. For now lemme just go ahead and say how much I’m freak in’ out with excitement recording this footage. Cuz dude, seeing an AdLib Gold in person, still in the box, unused? Among retro PC enthusiasts, that’s like finding a golden unicorn that craps diamonds, it’s just not a thing. Yet here it is, looking’ spiffy! And it’s all thanks to Trixter, aka Jim Leonard of The Old-school PC, Check out his YouTube channel if you’re into this kind of thing too, the man’s a fountain of knowledge and some of the items in his collection are literally one of a kind. Not the least of which being this pristine AdLib Gold 1000, a card that I’ve been wondering about ever since I was eight years old lookin

IBM 8516 Touchscreen CRT Monitor

Greetings and welcome to LGR Oddware where were taking a look at hardware and software that is odd, forgotten, and obsolete! And today it is the IBM 8516 CRT touchscreen from the beginning of the 1990s. And yeah you can touch and draw and do all kinds of things that you would normally do with a mouse or light pen or whatever else -- just with your fingers! And so let’s see what this thing is and what it can do. All right so this is the IBM PS/2 Model 8516 13-inch CRT touchscreen monitor first introduced in June of 1991 for a suggested retail price of $1695 US dollars, holy crap. That would be almost $3,100 at the time of this recording, not a cheap price for a 13-inch VGA monitor back then.  It was built by IBM to be compatible with PCs running DOS, Windows 3 -- and IBM OS/2 of course, because they were still pushing it rather hard when this came out. And as advanced and awesome as it was for its time it was not the first of its kind as far as touchscreen CRTs, not by a long shot.  For

The Advantech I.Q. Unlimited with BASIC and a Z80 CPU.

Hello, and welcome back to the 8-Bit Guy. In this episode, I want to show you this bizarre little computer known as the IQ Unlimited by Advantech. Now, you might be wondering “What is this company Advantech?” Well, if you turn the computer over you’ll see it was actually produced by Video Technology Electronics, otherwise known as V-Tech.” Yes, that’s the same V-Tech that has produced tons of cordless telephones, kids learning computers, baby monitors, and a variety of other things. They are also the ones that built the Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone, along with the matching Laser XT which was a PC clone. They also produced the laser line of portable computers, and even a series of proprietary desktop computers that carried the laser brand name. So, needless to say V-Tech is no stranger to making computers. But, I think this may be the strangest one they ever made. The front of the box claims it to be complete, powerful, simple, and affordable. They are also those that built th

Words of Krom Ngoy

Words of Kram Ngoy This Brahma song is translated to tell Khmer men and women To be mindful should be diligent. Do not be lazy, do not be too stupid, try to learn numbers, learn the alphabet Learn all the virtues, supernatural wisdom combined with ideas. Born to see through, even from afar           Really good at thinking about everything. Fools do not wake up like blind people on both sides           There is no image of a cheap sinner born ignorant. The human race, though high and low, descended from the Pao clan.           Evil, good, black and white, cut off descendants like ancestors. Ignorant people are not venerated as a religion           The monks know the Dharma, the students study hard. The ignorant breed is not very wise, the crooked breed is not very gentle           Straight seed until the true seed does not disappear. Innocent parents do not want their children to be ignorant           Cursing for the children to know. Ignorant father sees his son never angry          

The best gaming laptop for MS-DOS games

The other day, I used to be reading this old Computes Gazette magazine from 1983. and that I saw this card you'll send off for more information. happen if I filled it out and sent it off? Well, stick around till the top and I'll show you the result. Most of the time, stepping into Retro Gaming are often quite challenge. Even the old Atari 2600 her, for instance, it are often very challenging to seek out a contemporary TV or monitor that you simply. On the brilliant side, the games are pretty easy to affect. All you've got to try to to is locate them online, or thrift shop, or whatever and you purchase the sport, and you recognize, But, things get even harder once you start watching old computers. For instance, the Commodore 64 uses a disk format that's essentially foreign today.  It's no means to attach to the web, and albeit you've got a pile of blank disks, getting the games copied over to them from the web could be a nightmare. Now, if you fast forward just a

Strangest Computer Designs of the '80s

OMG Mr. LGR!!! You made my day showing the Seiko computer watch series. I collect these things and Have almost  the entire lineup up including the weird UC-2200. The only one I'm missing is the "wrist mac" which was essentially a Seiko RC4400 but marketed and sold for Apple. It could be considered the first apple watch! That design for the Elwro-800 actually seems pretty good and I wish I had it for the C64 back in the day. That wire holder could have been used for holding a computer magazine with a user made program which they always had in the magazines back in the day. Even now it would be good for data input from a written copy, or even writers who like to get their pre-writing done on paper. They were the machines we were taught Turing language on -- and compiling even a tiny Turing program on them was unbelievably slow.  I really liked the GUI on them though, but we never really used the GUI much; all the programming we did was in a text file run through a compiler

Will Kill Your Computer

Hey guys, this is Austin, and this is the USB Killer. Now, it might not look like much, however this will straight up kill your computer. So, this is a device that’s used to test hardware, so while it looks like an ordinary USB device, instead, there’s a series of capacitors inside. So, if you plug it into a computer, it will charge those capacitors up, and once they’re full it turns around and releases all of that power at 240 volts straight back into the computer, in theory killing it. It doesn’t take much to be able to pop this thing open. Now, before we proceed: Do not try this at home. Seriously. Not only is it very possible for this thing to kill electronics, but it’s also. And by being careful, I mean don’t try this at home. We have an Asus Chrome book.  Now, USB Killer claims that this is going to work on around 95 percent of computers, and the reason for that is that while some computers have properly capped USB ports, most have completely unprotected ports, which means that i

Lost Colony of Roanoke

 The broken anchor is pretty sketch. Sounds like the colony might have been wiped out and Smith not wanting to return to England and say "my bad they all died" was able to save face by saying "We have proof they are safe and moved location.  Near the end of the 16th century, a man by the name of John White embarked on a transatlantic voyage. His destination was the island of Roanoke along the southeastern coast of North America. On this island, White had established an English colony some three years before and he was now returning to resume his position as Governor. After a long and difficult journey, White finally reached the site of the colony only to find the more than one hundred men, women, and children had left behind had disappeared. Before White had a chance to conduct a more extensive search, the ship returned to England and in its wake, it left a mystery.  Raleigh was soon thereafter knighted by Queen Elizabeth I and the new land was to be named Virginia in ho

BootSkin XP - A Boot Screen Customization Tool for Windows XP

 Hello everybody and welcome back . We’re going to be taking a look at a pretty cool little piece of software for Windows XP, and there’s also a version for Windows Vista, called BootSkin. And this is a little bit of an older program. This was released, I want to say, somewhere in the mid-2000s. This is actually a piece of software that I used on a couple of my Windows XP , and even some my Windows Vista machines like over 10 years ago. It’s been a while since I’ve used this piece of software. But what this software allows you to do is, as you can probably tell by the name, it allows you to skin and customize your Windows boot screen, add a little bit more personality to your system and make your boot screen look more unique so, you know it’s gonna be much different than everybody else’s which just says Windows XP when it boots up. And this is made by a company called StarDock and I’ve used a couple of different StarDock programs before there’s another one of my favorite programs from